25 gram base mix
Mama Sita's Tinola Mix gives you the taste of slow-cooked home style chicken-ginger broth in an instant. No sauteeing or frying needed Simply combine chicken, water, green papayas. Mix, bring to boil adn simmer. It's comfort food in a nifty pack. For variety, use spinach or malunggay instead of chili leaves, and subsitute sayote (chayote) for green papayas.
1. In a sauce pan, combine:
- 6 cups (1,5 l) water
- 1 pouch Mama Sita's Tinola Mix
- 1 small green papaya, peeled, seeded and cut into serving pieces (about 2 cups or 200 grams)
- 500 g (1,1 lb) chicken, cut into serving pieces
Bring to a boil and simmer until the chicken is cooked and the papaya is tender.
2. Add 1 bundle chili leaves (talbos ng sili).
* If green papayas are not available, you may use chayote (sayote), and spinach, watercress or malunggay may be used instead of chili leaves.
Weight: 25 grams (makes four servings)
Iodized salt, ginger powder, onion powder, cane sugar, garlic powder, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate.